On January 10, 2011 we brewed our inaugural batch of beer. The idea behind our first batch was to produce a beer primary fermented with 100% Brettanomyces yeasts. We thought why not take it a bit further and have the fermentation occur completely in used red wine oak barrels with a few strains of Brettanomyces that could either be blended together or kept separate as split batch fermentations. We finally decided on three different strains, each going into two oak barrels for a total of 6 oak barrels filled for our initial batch. The base beer is currently being called Rouge and is the first in a series of beers called Wild Wild Brett. We managed to snap a few photos during brew day and though this would be a good time to share them. Enjoy!